T3 service is not available in all areas.
The installation process takes approximately 45-120 days depending on your area and the condition of the wiring at your location. Installation is generally included with the monthly price of your T3 service. However, in some cases some additional charges do apply if additional construction is needed at your location.
T3 Installation steps:
The day we receive your service agreement and completed network worksheets the ball is rolling and an order is placed with one of our wholesale carriers (telephone company) for your T3 line. This connects you with our local POP (point of presence) where we connect you to the Internet. If your business is in California you would connect to our main POP in downtown Los Angeles.
- Your IP addresses that will be used to route traffic on your T3 to the Internet will be configured.
- The Tierzero customer network routers are configured for your service.
- The router that will be be brought to your location, sometimes called a CPE (customer premise equipment), is configured.
- The wholesale carrier contacts us and lets us know when the T3 line to your office will be up. This is sometimes called a FOC (firm order commitment).
- After receiving the FOC for your T3 circuit, someone from our Installation Department will contact you to schedule an onsite installation appointment.
- The field tech will extend the inside wiring from your the telephone company phone closet sometimes referred to as a MPOE (minimum point of entry) to your suite or office.
- The field tech will install the CPE in your office and test the service to make sure the full bandwidth is being received.
- The field tech will give login/password to your customer monitoring portal.
- The field tech will give you a copy of your IP addresses and how they are configured as well as customer care contact information.